Pain Relieving Tea
For centuries, herbs have been used in many ways. Two being medicinally and spiritually. Depending on the healing properties of herbs, they can be smoked, steeped as a tea or even used to make a poultice or tincture. This combination of natural herbs can assist in relieving multiple pain illnesses and promote relaxation when drunk as a tea.
General Aches & Pains, Migraines & Headaches, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramps, PMS, and Stress.
Herbs & Properties
- Blue Dream – I sprinkled a little Blue Dream in my blend because of it’s well known properties in healing pain, depression, nausea, stress, headaches, and fatigue. Adding this overall added a perfect balance because of it’s Sativa properties. This is great to add if you don’t want to feel extremely relaxed.
- Chamomile – This herb has many therapeutic uses, in this case, it’s helpful uses are to calm the nervous system, promote general relaxation, and because of it’s muscle-relaxing effects, it can help sooth the muscles will relieving stress-related flatulences.
- Feverfew – Used for the prevention of migraines & headaches, arthritis, fevers, muscle tension and pain, Feverfew is also used to lower blood pressure, lessen stomach irritation, stimulate the appetite and to improve digestion and kidney function. It has been indicated for colitis, dizziness, tinnitus and menstrual problems. Precaution: Not for use in pregnancy
- Lavender – These flowers are full of medicinally active compounds. It can assist in healing depression, insomnia, stress, and headaches. When used as an essential oil for aromatherapy or used topically, Lavender has the same healing properties for these ailments and they do when steeped as a tea.
- Licorice Root – Licorice root is one of the most widely used medicinal herbs worldwide. Apart from this herbs common use as a natural sweetener, Licorice Root is known to treat PMS, menstrual cramps, boost immune system, relieve pain & stress, and prevent heart disease.
- Valerian Root – Valerian is well known for its sedative qualities and its ability to relax the central nervous system and the smooth muscle groups. With over 120 chemical components found in valerian, it is indicated for anxiety, confusion, cramp, depression, insomnia and disturbed sleep patterns, irregular menstruation, migraines, PMS, stress, tension and many more!
- Willow Bark – Willow bark is the herbal analogue for aspirin. It is approved by the German Commission E in supporting joint health, as well as for alleviating occasional headaches in healthy individuals. It is traditionally used as an all-purpose pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.
by Jacqueline, the Plant Lady. (IG: jeditree)